How You Can Volunteer
Use your unique skills and life experiences to help preserve and share the stories of Wisconsin veterans. See the volunteer opportunities below.
Volunteer opportunities and time commitments vary widely. All volunteers will receive training, the length of which depends on the position. Below you will find our current opportunities. If the opportunities appeal to you, fill out the volunteer interest form, at right, and a museum staff member will contact you.
- School Tour Guides: lead adult and student tours for grades 4-12.
- Collections Assistant: assist collections curators with collections management inventory, number, and research artifacts.
- Reference Assistant: Use historical resources to research Wisconsin veterans. Enter that information into databases and other online resources.
- Oral History: the oral history team needs transcript reviewers, writers, editors, audio/video editors, abstractors, cataloguers, librarians, transcribers, and interviewers.
- Education Department: help create curriculum with the museum’s primary sources and assist with family programming. Some museum education experience is required.
- Exhibits: assist the curator of history with exhibit development and installation.
- Gift Store: perform frontline duties as a customer service representative by greeting and assisting visitors.
Volunteer Interest Form