- Guided tours for school and youth groups are available to groups of 10-60 people.
- Tours are free and last approximately one hour.
- You must reserve a date and time at least two weeks in advance by completing the Online Tour Reservation Form on this page.
- Guided tours are often conducted by volunteer docents, many of whom are veterans whose perspectives provide a unique visitor experience.
Please be aware that if you have not made tour reservations in advance with the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, there is the possibility that you may be denied or delayed entry due to building capacity limits.
Scavenger Hunts for School Groups
Scavenger hunt booklets are available in grade-specific formats for K-12 and have a new STEM focus to enrich your students experience at the museum. Please print all scavenger hunt booklets for your students before your visit to the museum.
School and Tour Bus Parking
There are currently no areas for bus parking on/around Capitol Square.The City of Madison Parking Division recommends that busses unload/load in front of the museum on West Mifflin Street then proceed to Olin/Turville Park for bus parking (busses must be attended at all times). A copy of the City of Madison Parking Division’s may be downloaded here: Downtown Madison Tour Bus Parking Map
Please note that bus parking is not within walking distance from the Wisconsin Veterans Museum.
Directions to Olin/Turville Parking Lots:
- From the museum on W Mifflin St., turn Left on to Carroll St.
- Turn Right on West Washington St.
- Turn Left on Proudfit St
- Turn Right on John Nolen Dr.
- Turn Left on E Lakeside St.
- Right on Olin-Turville Ct. to parking lot
Downtown public parking is available at all listed parking garages. All pay on foot, entry, and exit stations are equipped with a help button which is answered 24/7. Although Wisconsin Veterans Museum strives to provide accurate directions to this parking area, we strongly recommend that you contact the City of Madison for regular updates regarding construction and detours.